General Catering Assistant - Transporting duties (Primary School) Ref: KCDYOPHC
Organisation: Clophill St. Mary's CofE Lower
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per week: 16.25
Salary: £6,792 per annum (£9.50 per hour)
Closing Date: 31st January 2022
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support the Cook Manager in the preparation, service and clearing up of the on-site meals service in accordance with the policy of HCL, including transporting meals to another Unit.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Undertake basic cooking of food as required by the Cook Manager to the standards specified by HCL. Maintain standards of food handling, food hygiene and cleanliness in line with HCL’s Food Safety Management System (FSMS).
· Assist with serving meals and cleaning duties as required by the Cook Manager within the kitchen or dining room, including general washing up and clearing away.
· Ensure that all food is prepared, cooked and served in strict accordance with the HCL published menu and with the Government’s School Food Standards.
· Assist in the delivery of any special dietary, emergency and hospitality catering as required.
· Understand and work within HCL Policies and Procedures as set out in the HCL Food Safety Management System and the Health & Safety Policy.
· On a daily basis transport meals to a satellite Unit, ensuring that travel arrangements are in hand to enable full and timely support to the Cook Manager and kitchen you are working in.
· May be requested on occasions to cover for staff shortages in the Secondary and Commercial Sectors.
The duties and responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present. The post holder is expected to accept any reasonable alterations that may from time to time be necessary.
HCL is committed to openness and equality of opportunity in every activity, from the way we employ staff to the way we deliver services. It is a central responsibility of managers and employees of the company to ensure that every individual that we come into contact with is treated with dignity and respect. An HCL Employee Handbook will be given to all staff, and a full briefing on the contents of the policy is included in induction.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
It will be the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for the Health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
DISCLOSURE & BARRING SERVICE
Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to HCL. The company expects employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable HCL to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a DBS check or Basic Disclosure. You must ensure that the appropriate form is completed and returned as requested by the Joining Team, as this will form a contractual requirement.
If you require a criminal record check, you must allow the company to retain a copy of the disclosure certificate within your personal file.
If you fail to disclose any caution, reprimand or conviction which is later identified on your DBS check you may be subject to disciplinary action and HCL has the right to suspend or dismiss you. Please note that additional information referring to the Disclosure and Barring Service is in the guidance notes to the application form. If you are invited to an interview you will receive more information.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
HCL is committed to giving you every opportunity to pursue your own personal development, raise your standards of performance and enhance your career prospects. It is vital that you recognise that learning is a personal responsibility and therefore HCL expect you to take an active part in your learning and development.
As a self-motivated individual, you will have excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively as part of a team. It is an essential part of the role that you will have a strong understanding of the importance of Health and Safety as well as high standards of hygiene and a neat and tidy appearance. You will be willing to be fully involved in providing an excellent service to the customer, including on the job training if necessary. Must have a full driving licence, daily access to a car and willingness to use the vehicle for transporting meals.
The ability to communicate fluently with customers in accurate spoken and written English is essential for the post.