Mobile Chef Manager (Commercial) Ref: V0JITW6Q
Location: Hertfordshire and Neighbouring Areas
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per week: 37
Salary: £24,305 per annum
Closing Date: 28th September 2021
Mobile Chef Manager
Do you have experience in contract catering and leading a team or looking to make that next step-up and progress your career?
Here at Hertfordshire Catering Limited we have an exciting opportunity for someone looking for that next step in their career to lead in our catering teams.
We are offering the chance to develop and progress your career, a supportive and engaging management system, an enthusiastic friendly team, and the opportunity to build a successful business together!
· Accountable for inducting, training, and supporting staff to deliver an efficient and high-quality service to our customer and clients.
· Lead, motivate and manage the day-to-day performance of your team
· Controlling and managing financial budgets
· Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
· Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies, and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
· Basic food preparation and cooking
· Covering up to but not limited to a 20-mile radius of Head Office, Mundells, Welwyn Garden City
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following experience and skills required for the role of Chef Manager:
· People leadership experience and successfully managing a team
· Competent in IT (excel, email, word etc.)
· Great organisational and observational skills
· Proven financial accountability and budget control
· Passionate about exceptional customer service
· Good problem solver
· Loves diversity in their work
· Must have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude
· Self-motivated and able to work well unsupervised
· Contract catering experience desirable
Access to own transport daily and a clean driving license is required. The position is subject to a DBS or Basic Disclosure check – the successful candidate must ensure that the appropriate documentation and DBS form is completed and returned as requested by our Recruitment Team, as this will form a contractual requirement.
HCL is an award-winning specialist caterer with a foundation in the education sector. We provide quality catering services, maintaining a clear social ethos and bringing the acumen drive and passion of a rapidly growing commercial organisation.
Led by a professional and innovative management team, HCL provides cost-effective catering service within and beyond the greater-Hertfordshire area. We have extensive experience in catering for the education sector as well as our expanding commercial sector, with a team that has been specially selected to meet our clients’ needs. Our skills, knowledge and business know-how have meant that we have developed a strong reputation for excellence and can deliver services that are cost effective and quality focused.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the team!
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Please note this vacancy is 52 weeks per year